Monday, October 15, 2007

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Effective Learners

I am acually following our CPA Learning 2.0 program to see what the "real" experience is like for our MACPA team and hopefully our members in the near future. I just did the video by the folks at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg County Library Association.

Here is what I got out of this exercise:

The 7 1/2 Habits:
  1. Begin with the end in mind
  2. Accept Repsonsibility for your Learning
  3. View problems as challenges (I go a step further and say opportunities)
  4. Self-confidence as a lifelong learner
  5. Create your own learning toolbox (isn't that really what we really are as an Association?)
  6. Use technology to your advantage
  7. Share and mentor with others
  8. 7 1/2 = PLAY! My personal favorite!

So I have to say that I have an advantage as a CPA because lifelong learning is one of our core values as a Profession (See the CPA Vision for more). So I think I have mastered most of the 7 1/2 habits and hope to use them all for this project...

No comments: